My husband made a special breakfast for mother's day. It was so tasty I asked him to write it up for this blog.
1. Clean and dice one large apple, leave the skin on
2. In a pat of butter, fry apples on medium heat in a medium fry pan with a generous portion of cinnamon and sugar, and a dash of cardamom
3. Add 2-3 splashes of pomegranate juice (or any other non-pulpy juice such as apple or cherry)
4. Continue to cook on medium heat, stirring occassionaly, until juice has cooked down and apples can be smooshed a bit with a fork, should take approximately 5-8 minutes.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine 4 beaten eggs with an approximately equal quantity of milk (any fat level) until mixture has a custard color
2. Add a generous quantity (3 tablespoons?) of sugar (preferably powdered, but any sugar will do)
3. Further add a small splash of vanilla to the mixture
4. Dip slices of bread into the mixture. This will be enough for 12 slices of bread
5. Place the bread on a well greased cookie sheet and bake in an oven pre-heated to 425 (F) for 8-10 minutes or fry slices in a pan with butter.
Serve with syrup and/or whipped cream. Double the apple recipe if you like a lot of apples. Serves 3-4.