1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ teaspoons salt
1 ½ cup of sliced fruit of your choice
6-8 pieces of thick sliced bread
Saucepan, casserole dish
1. Boil butter, and sugar together for 1 minute. It won’t necessarily turn into a sauce, more like lumpy sugar in a bunch of melted butter.
2. Pour the butter sugar mixture into a 9 x 13 pan. Try to pout it evenly but it doesn’t matter that much.
3. Put a layer of bread slices on top of the butter sugar mixture. Only one layer.
4. Beat eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt together and pour over the bread.
5. Put a layer of fruit on top of the bread.
6. Refrigerate covered if you want to keep it overnight. Otherwise, stick it in the oven.
7. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.