Tools: Oven, pie plate
½ cup bread crumbs
Butter to grease pie plate
1 cup whole milk or light cream (or any combo of liquid dairy products you like)
1.5 cups grated cheese (any cheese you like)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried parsley
½ cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Generously grease the pie plate with butter
3. Pour the bread crumbs into the pie plate, and shake them all around until they have coated the butter completely and look like a very thin crust.
4. In a large bowl, mix eggs, 1 cup of the cheese, dairy, garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder. (I let my three-year-old do this.) Reserve half a cup of cheese for later.
5. Mix in flour and parsley.
6. Pour the egg mixture into the pie plate.
7. Sprinkle the reserved cheese on top.
8. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until middle is set and top is brown.
1) The crust won’t look like it’s going to work but it really will work.
2) You can add anything you want to this quiche, it’s a good base – tomatoes, onions, leftover chicken, broccoli. It is also good on its own.
3) Depending on how much your quiche rises, you may have exposed bread crumbs on the pie plate that brown a lot. Just use a wooden spoon or something to brush them off before serving.
4) Seriously, why did I ever make a pie crust for quiches?